Volunteers are needed to provide Support, Comfort, & Companionship to those in the community who are dealing with the challenges of a life-limiting or terminal illness.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Patient Care- Companionship Visits, Bereavement Support, Vigil Support
- Indirect Patient Care- Light housekeeping, running errands, cooking meals, making memory bears, lawn/gardening care
- Administrative Assistance- clerical work, office cleaning, assistance at support group meetings
- Group Volunteer Projects
Team Support: Hospice Volunteers are an important part of the Hospice Team. You will be supported in your role by a competent and caring group of nurses, aides, social workers, chaplains, and fellow volunteers.
Saint Jude Hospice Offers:
1. Flexibility... volunteer as many or as few hours as you wish
2. Specialized Training…training provided to fit your schedule and volunteer interests.
3. Personal Growth…an opportunity to learn new skills and expand your knowledge and experience
For more information about Volunteer Opportunities in Walworth, Rock, Jefferson, Kenosha, Racine, and Milwaukee Counties, please contact: Sally Nimmow, Volunteer Coordinator at 262-725-7021